Tuesday 28 November 2017

NEWS FROM THE ISLAND

I AM NOT SURE WHY THERE IS THIS RUSH  to do everything, but everything,  before Christmas.  Maybe because the start of the new year is only a week after that?




Everyone I know has projects on, including me. I decided to re-lay all my garden paths – but first I have to remove not only the stepping stones among the bark mulch, but also all the valuable soil that has been produced by the  disintegrating bark and fallen leaves.(Any soil is a luxury here), and finally I can replace the base weed-matting.

 Note: the new movable white fencing to keep the dog back from the front fence where she has learnt to bark at any movement she sees going by - only when I am not at home I heard - did not quite work ( too smart a dog) and will need a little further tweaking.

But before that the lawn that becomes a carpet of flowers in the Spring had to be returned back into lawn, hopefully before the last of the rains.  How many weeks to Christmas? 

The paths may be not quite finished by then – in fact quite a lot not done by then. 



2 comments:

  1. Lmao, i completely understand, soil is a luxury here too. I have been in my gardens too, partly because they are so dry I am forced to pour water on them, and partly because I can finally get my hedge trimmer out of the garage again, now that the garage sale is over. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our last good rain was back on the 8th of November, this is one of the times I wish for a city water supply, but certainly enjoying this sunshine and calm seas after the previous non-summer ( but long autumn). Good to hear yr garage sale went so well.

      Delete